Those of you who know me might be well aware that I am not a fan of cooking - ironic, I know, considering my father is a retired chef of 35 years. Growing up, I was spoiled with delicious cooking from my mom AND my dad, thus making it unnecessary for me to have to learn to cook.
Since it is a new year, I have taken it upon myself to attempt to learn to cook some easy dishes. My first attempt at baked goods? Pizza Muffins!
This is probably the easiest small-bite appetizer in the world - Here is the recipe that I followed:
1. cooking spray
2. 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
3. 10 tablespoons pizza sauce (such as Ragu® Homestyle)
4. 10 slices pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 10 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Press biscuits, one at a time, between hands to flatten. Place each flattened biscuit in a muffin cup; press into bottom and up sides of muffin cup. Set aside for biscuit to settle and slightly rise, about 5 minutes. Lightly press biscuits into cups as needed.
3. Spoon 1 tablespoon pizza sauce into each biscuit; top each with 1 slice pepperoni and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until biscuit is lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Remove each pizza from tin and place on a cooling rack, about 5 minutes.
I modified the recipe a little bit to use only 1/3 of a biscuit for each muffin & added extra cheese, sauce & pepperoni (what can I say? I love to load on the ingredients!). I waited until the tops of the muffins were a bit crispy before I took them out of the oven.
Delicious, Delicious ..Now on to the next cooking project! What are some other easy recipes that you know for beginners like me?